Artículo de Carlos Carnero y Eduardo Oliver en LawInSport sobre la nueva Ley del Deporte
On 22 December 2022, the Congress of Deputies approved the Law 39/2022, of 30 December, on Sport («Law 39/22» or «New Law«)1, simultaneously repealing the law that until now governed Spanish sport, Law 10/1990.
With the sport industry changing significantly over the period of 32 years since the previous Sports Law was in force, a change of law was probably necessary. One of the main impacts of the New Law is that it privatises the sports model.
- Sport As A Right
- Reformation of the Tribunal Administrativo del Deporte (“TAD”)
- Independent advisor
- LaLiga vs Real Federación Española de Fútbol (RFEF)
- Solvency of sports entities
- Centralisation of television rights for women’s competitions
- Silence on Inclusion of Transgender athletes in sporting competitions
- Tax Perspective
At the outset, the authors would like to state that there has been criticism towards the New Law2 and the authors shall examine the criticisms and showcase the areas of improvement for the New Law in this article.
Read the full article here.